Static ropes, according to U.S. Cordage Institute Standards, should offer less than 6% stretch at 10% of their minimum breaking strength. PMI offers both nylon and polyester static ropes, to meet your every need.
The “time tested” burly sheath design of PMI’s 12.5 mm Classic Static makes it a world favorite for professionals who must routinely subject their ropes to high abrasion applications. No other 12.5 mm rope will outlast a PMI Classic in side by side, real world applications!
- NFPA Certified
- 16 carrier construction
- CI 1801
- Third party certified by UL (Underwriters Laboratories)
- Torsionally balanced, continuous filament nylon
- Available in many colors
- Also available in custom colors & lengths
MBS: 27 kN (6070 lbf)
Weight: 80 g/m
Diameter: 12.5 mm (1/2")
Length of rope: 1 m (3.3 ft)
Elongation: 1.8% at 300 lbf | 3.0% at 600 lbf | 5.2% at 1000 lbf
CE, CI1801, Static, NFPA 1983, L,
PMI Polyester ropes are great for use by experienced technicians in applications where low stretch is required. Although extra precautions must be taken when using a polyester rope in rescue systems, there are also many benefits when used in the correct application.
1. Polyester retains a high tensile strength even when wet.
2. Slightly more resistant than nylon to most acids.
3. Melting point is about 480 degrees.
4. Highly abrasion resistant.
Note that polyester, in general, offers less force absorption than nylon and can make a sheath feel more 'slippery' in use.
Ropes available in 30, 46, 61, 92, 183, and 200 Meters.